7.05.2011

Hard Knocks

Relaxation has become a foreign concept to me in the past few months. I can't seem to allow myself to decompress and rest my brain for a little while. I'm hitting the ground running, but it's a state of mind that has peculiar drawbacks, like losing steam and becoming discouraged when things aren't happening as quickly as my thoughts and ambition race forward at a million miles an hour.

The biggest concern is simply finding a JOB - I've been unemployed for almost a year, and not from a lack of trying. Since I don't have a four-year degree in art or illustration, staff illustrator jobs are out (although that doesn't keep me from applying!). Low level, entry positions have started to require ridiculous qualifications I don't have, like several years cashier experience to work at the grocery or a degree in ecology to monitor a trash facility (?!?!). It's hard to focus on other things when the job search is nothing less than abysmal.

But anyway, enough griping. Just keep on keepin' on!

I've posted my "Carp Twain" piece on Society6, so it's available as prints, laptop skins, or t-shirts.

I'm currently obsessed with a video from "Studio Killers", a cartoon band comprised of a (sort of) mysterious collective of international artists. The concept of animated bands like the Gorillaz is fascinating to me, and maybe there's a kernel of an idea for a future project.... Hmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment