7.03.2011

Back in business!

I'm back home safe and sound after an intensive and amazing month at SVA! There's so much to tell, but I'm still in the process of digesting all the sights, sounds, info and experiences of the past few weeks.

First of all, I'd like to list all the incredible illustrators I met through the program that I can now count as dear friends:


Rona Binay

Katie Coulton
Oscar Cueto

Chris French
Ena Jurov
Kat Kelsay
Janet Landay
Jorge Mendez
Inge Nouws
Irene Pizzolante
Luisa Possas
Brad Robson
Robin Rosenthal
Barbara Rottiers
Lane Scarano
Arianna Usai
Doris Wettstein

I was very privileged to meet and work alongside all these amazing artists. Living amongst other creatives definitely sets the artistic fires ablaze, not to mention simply being in a city as vibrant and frenetic as New York City! I'm glad to be home, but I already miss these people and this city intensely.

In the next few days I'll try to slowly outline my thoughts and experiences, as well as share my work from the last month. For visual interest, I've included my first project from the summer residency as well as a photo of me in my studio space on the night of our final show! Enjoy :)









No comments:

Post a Comment