5.17.2011

Frenzy

My trip to NYC for SVA's Summer Residency in Illustration is fast approaching. I'm overwhelmed with equal parts excitement and intimidation. As a largely untrained artist and relative newbie to the illustration biz, the prospect of showing my work to accomplished artists, art directors, and publishers is both utterly awesome and terribly frightening. Luckily I seem to thrive on fear and trepidation, so I'm whipping my mentality into a "BRING IT ON" frenzy.

Since completing my last pieces for "The Birds" show at the Twilight Artist Collective in Seattle, I've been in a frustrating and revelatory period of incubation, developing ideas for future projects and generally probing into the artistic essence of my being (i.e. what the hell I'm doing with myself). I have some exciting concepts I'll be taking to SVA for feedback and critique, so I look forward to sharing these ideas as they grow and take shape. (My second post, "Faces", is related to one of these ideas, but that's for another time...)

For visual content, this is a design I submitted to Threadless for their "Threadless Loves Noir" design competition a couple months back. It took three days to complete from conception to final product, and was submitted a mere 30 minutes before submissions closed. Talk about a time crunch. It's definitely nothing flashy in a typical threadless tee way, but I'm proud of the concept and the sense of cinema and mystery it evokes.

NOTE: Sorry for the poor image quality, my post formatting won't let me make it any bigger. You can also see it here on my Threadless Profile page.

2 comments:

  1. Too bad voting already closed, I would definitely have voted for it. Post more stuff on threadless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWWW thanks, Flo!! I'll post next time I submit something ;)

    ReplyDelete